Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cupcakes! And Taming of Silvia!

Almost all my coworkers are guys.  They don't cook, let alone bake.  But they all appear to be married to women who do.  How it's possible that all these guys are married to successful career women who work full-time but yet have time in the evenings to make slow-cooker pulled pork and chocolate cake is a mystery that shall never be solved.
 
Most of the time I just hear about the desserts, though.  I see the leftovers of the roast guinea hen and mashed heirloom root vegetables (all organic, of course) when the guys bring them in for lunch, but I never see the desserts.  Information about the desserts is apocryphal:  "Ellen makes the best chocolate cake!"  "Tamsyn's trifle is really the best I've ever had!" etc.  
 
Then one time a guy brought in red velvet cupcakes that his wife had made.  They were really, really good.  I ate two.
 
And then on Wednesday I saw an email that said "Cupcakes.  Come get 'em".  The wife of one of the marketing guys had made a zillion white cupcakes (of indeterminate flavour and icing) and they were gone within 20 minutes.  I ate one.  It was very good.  It was downed with some instant coffee. 

Marketing Cupcake
But I could have had it with some espresso made by Silvia because I have tamed the shrew!

I found this page, Cheating Miss Silvia, and have used the information therein to make very, very tasty coffees.  I now make espressos for the office.  If anyone wants an espresso, they come to me.  I am the Queen of the Machine!  I am the suzerain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment