Monday, October 31, 2011

Poutine sounded like a good idea...



So I had lunch at the mall.  I admit it.  I ate poutine.  But there was a good reason for it!  I had been to South Street Burgers the week before and one of my dining-mates ordered poutine.  I didn't even know it was on the menu!  (Because I can't read?  Because I was overwhelmed?)  Hence, when I was at the mall the other day, I said "I'm gonna skip the 'healthy option' and go for poutine!"  It was OK at first.  Then there came a moment where I was like, "There is a lot of starch and fat in my mouth" and I got revolted and stopped eating. 
For supper we had a healthy lamb stew.  It was tasty, but it would have been nicer with polenta to mop up the sauce.

2 comments:

  1. That's kind of the thing with poutine. It tastes good at first, and then it's too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends. I once had poutine at La Banquise in Montreal and I could have eaten 3 plates of the stuff. I think a lot has to do with the delivery method: Putting it in a tall container where all the sauce seeps to the bottom is fail; but laying it flat on a plate with evenly distributed curd and every fry coated with enough -- but not too much -- gravy is best
    .

    ReplyDelete