Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Espresso Strikes Back

A: 50 engineers and 1 Technical Writer
So it came.   The Rancillo Silvia made its appearance in the office today to great fanfare and rejoicing.  All the engineers crowded around it and tried it out and everyone made the "How many engineers does it take to make an espresso" joke.   When I say that everyone made that joke, I literally mean that every single person who walked into the break room made that joke.
After everyone got over their bad selves, it became obvious that neither the Rocky grinder nor the fancy-ass coffee had arrived.  My stash of espresso was "volunteered" to serve as the office coffee until the real coffee arrived.  

My office coffee is, shall we say, not the best.  It's tasty, yes, but it isn't made for a high quality machine.  Consequently, the coffee that the Silvia made was bitter and insanely strong.  And by "insanely strong" I mean that people were bouncing off walls and unable to focus. 

The work of Imperial Stormtroopers?
Meanwhile, Desktop Espresso sat dismantled in a corner of my cubicle.  It reminded me of that scene in Empire Strikes Back where  they're in the cloud city and they've just been taken prisoner by the Empire and Chewbacca finds C3P0 dismatled. My Desktop Espresso reminds me of Headless C3P0.  That's very sad.  But I don't think Desktop Espresso has anything to worry about:  There is so much clean-up needed for the Silvia that I'm pretty sure that laziness will prevent the engineers from using it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, no - dismantled C3P0 - that guts me every single time. You're killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If more people that write articles involved themselves with writing great content like you, more readers would be interested in their writings. I have learned too many things from your article. best espresso machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot! Gaggia Babila Espresso Machine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took me time to understand all of the comments, but I seriously enjoyed the write-up. It proved being really helpful to me and Im positive to all of the commenters right here! Its constantly nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I am certain you had enjoyable writing this write-up. best espresso coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from more than one angle. 相睇活動

    ReplyDelete