Monday, December 5, 2011

Sad Music and Sadder Food

Today was a rainy December day.  You know the type of day where it's too warm to snow, but too cold to really feel like it's not winter?  It's the type of day they fail to discuss when they talk about Global Warming.

The snack closet appears to be channeling this craptastic weather as it's been "festively bare".  It's full of bizarre crap like sesame and poppy seed crackers and Ritz crackers in the shape of Yuletide Trees. The cheese is some kind of spreadable variety and the cookies are some fancy cranberry almond biscotti thins.

I ate some sad little Yule tree crackers, downing them with Starbucks VIA Xmas Bleuch while listening to Pink Floyd's The Wall and editing a document. It was a dismal moment and, as Comfortably Numb came on, I seriously considered putting down my pen, shredding the document, deleting its electronic counterpart, and leaving work to go sit near the duck pond in the next business park over.  In the rain.  In the cold, cold winter rain.


But then The Show Must Go On  was next and I remembered that I don't like the rest of The Wall, so I switched to a different playlist.  As REM's These Days played, I felt better.  I also discovered that there were Two-Bite Brownies hiding behind the sesame seed crackers in the closet.


Later on I had the homemade chocolate chip buttermilk muffin I had brought from home.  It was tasty.  I also changed my playlist to something fluffy, like the muffin, and listened to Friend Crush by Friends while I ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment