Monday, May 28, 2012

The Burger Siren Song

I was going to get a low-fat meal of grilled chicken and vegetables.  I really, really was.

I pulled up to the place, got out and was going to go in and get that bland grilled chicken with a side of grilled vegetables (Mediterranean Style!), but then I smelled the burger place next door.

That smell!  It called to me!  It said "Snad...Snad...you want a burger!  It's tasty!  It's hot!  It comes with a side of fries!  It will taste so much better than grilled chicken and vegetables!  You know you want it!"

That siren song!  How could I resist!  I walked, trance-like, to the burger place.   It was run by three old guys.  I ordered a cheeseburger.  They had the toppings laid out, like the Harvey's of old.  It was glorious.
Beauty

I brought it to work, sat down in the lunch room, unwrapped it and watched all the men stare at it and salivate.  "Where did you get that burger?" they asked.  "Down the street," I said.  "Near the Healthy Choice place."

And I ate the whole burger.

It was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment