Friday, June 15, 2012

Grocery Store Calzone

It's been a while, hasn't it?  I blame the stupid Whatever S.  It's been synching stupid lately.  Like it unpublished the Pork Dumpling post for reasons unbeknownst to me, but beknownst to it.

Anyways.  Here we are, ages later.  I've been on a vegetarian kick ever since I had that burger.   Something inside me snapped and I was like, "Fuck, I've been eating a lot of grease and animal fat of late.  This can't be healthy."

I also started training with a new trainer.   He's a 24yo ultra-buff rugby player who "indulges" by having a soft-boiled egg in the morning, yolk and all.   At the end of each training session, he asks me how my diet has been. When I said, "I had a burger for lunch yesterday" he was all, "That's OK once in a while.  As long as you don't make a habit of it."  

So I had to atone.  I mean he didn't say, "Atone for your sins, you revolting slug!" but he might as well have.  I mean, the guy's all muscle and no fat.

I am so much more than the sum of my parts
This, here, was a vegetarian calzone. I contend that it was healthy, but my dining companion said that it wasn't. She said that while each component of the calzone was, on its own, healthy, the whole was not. Feta cheese? Healthy. Tomato sauce? Healthy.  Red bell peppers? Healthy. Whole wheat crust? Healthy. Vegetarian feta cheese calzone in a whole wheat crust? Not so healthy.  Especially when washed down with a lemonade. Though, in my defense, I only drank a few sips of the lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment