Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Autumnal Eats: Lentil Stew and Apple Crumble

I made apple crumble.

Dessert That Tries Your Nerves
It wasn't even one of those spur-of-the-moment-temporary-insanity things either. I actually planned to make apple crumble. I went out and bought two different types of apples (Courtland for texture, MacIntosh for flavour), and made sure I had all the fixin' for the topping, and made the damned thing. In the process of peeling all the damned apples, I damaged a nerve in my wrist and my pinky finger now constantly feels tingly. It's not really as fun as it sounds.

Then I made lentil stew because it is easy and because sometimes all you have left in your pantry is cans of lentils, and all you have left in your fridge are some dying carrots and onions because you neglected to buy anything else while you were stocking up on apples for the damned crumble that damaged your wrist.

In the end, though, it was all worthwhile because you had seasonal apple crumble and lentil stew to bring to work and all your coworkers were like, "Oooh! How very autumnal of you!"

Or so you tell yourself as you try to ignore your tingly pinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment