Saturday, March 24, 2012

Floor Pancakes: Best Laid Plans


What's that Robbie Burns poem about best laid plans?  "The best laid plans of mice and men gang-a-lang-a-lay"? 

And now I've angered the entire membership of the Robbie Burns society. 

Thankfully I didn't confuse him with Robbie Williams the way I usually do.  Then I bet I would get hate mail. 

What then? poor beastie, thou maun live!
Actually I wouldn't because I doubt anyone from either the Robbie Burns society or the Robbie Williams fan club reads this.

It was a Saturday morning, and Spousal Unit and I thought it would be great fun to make pancakes with The Toddler.  But unlike the other weekend mornings when we made pancakes with The Toddler, The Toddler did not cooperate.  Flour went everywhere, eggs were sacrificed and pancakes were burnt.  And we ended up eating on the play mats.

Did you know that baby wipes remove maple syrup from play mats?  Well now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment