Sunday, March 4, 2012

Powdered Donuts!!!

Monday morning, I wandered into the break room, asked Mitch, one of the engineers, how his weekend was and opened the snack closet.  The week before we had hosted some of our salesdudes for training, so we had a bounty of crap.  But this week, we weren't expecting all that much. 

Mmmm....donut! 
You can imagine the surprise on our faces -- Mitch and I -- when we saw a vat of powdered donuts sitting in the snack closet.  Mitch dug in right away, not at all concerned that he was the first one to open the container (I'm usually too shy to open virgin packages).  He popped one in his mouth and mumbled "Mmmmm...fresh!"  Then he popped in two more.

I took one right away.  OK, I took two.  They were soooooo tasty!  I don't know what it is about grocery store powdered donuts that makes them so fantastic.   Maybe it's the way the soft, bland yellow donut interacts with the cool, soft, powdery sweetness of the sugar coating...or something.  

They were all gone by Tuesday, but everyone in the office thanked the God of the Snack Closet i.e., Linda the office manager, for the bounty!

No comments:

Post a Comment