Friday, February 24, 2012

Faux Bagels

Unless the name of your shop is St-Viateur Bagel or Fairmount Bagel, I'm sorry to say that you make fake bagels.   And, depending on which side of the St-Viateur v. Fairmount bagel argument you lie, one of those two places also makes fake bagels.  (Between you and me, Fairmount is the imposter.)

No real bagel would be caught with these toppings.

Anyways. 

Since real bagels aren't available fresh in my area, I can either eat bagged real bagels or fresh fake bagels.  I opted for fresh fake bagels.   The selection above was an "everything" bagel and a "cinnamon crunch" bagel.  (Neither of these flavours, btw, is acceptable in a real bagel.)  

The cinnamon crunch bagel was too sweet, but was OK once I slathered it in butter and salt, and topped it with stinky camembert cheese.  The everything bagel was OK just with the butter and salt.

And of course, I had coffee.  It was a "fair-trade" Sumatran dark roast made in my Bodum.   It was very, very tasty.  It sure beat the hell out of anything Silvia ever produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment