Thursday, January 5, 2012

Desktop Espresso To The Rescue!

I returned to the office today and found that (1) the Rocky Doser/Grinder and fancy-ass coffee had arrived and that (2) no one was making espressos with the Silvia.

Bad Silvia! Bad!
I figured that, you know, I'd give the old girl a whirl.  I tried 5 times to make an espresso.  FIVE TIMES!  And each time, it sucked.  I blame the Rocky Doser as well as Silvia.  The doser never put out the right amount of coffee.  Ever.  And Silvia?  Even with the right amount of coffee and the right tamping of the stupid coffee, it made a shitty coffee.  It was cold.  It had no crema.  It was bitter.  Maybe the coffee sucked.  I don't know what it was but by 2pm I had had enough!  It was time for Desktop Espresso to come to the rescue!

The Undisputed Champ!
I made some coffee with Desktop Espresso and it was tasty!  I gave some to the guy in the cube next to me (who is now in the cube down the aisle from me, thanks to a cube reshuffling) and he was very happy!  He hadn't had an espresso since Silvia had displaced Desktop Espresso as the coffee maker of choice.

By the end of the day, two more people had approached me about getting in on the Desktop Espresso coffee.  Take that, Silvia!  I knew that Desktop Espresso had nothing to fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment