Monday, January 30, 2012

Lamb Stew Three Ways


Lamb Stew: The Original Dish
Spousal Unit made lamb stew with polenta. He went out and got the lamb and everything. He got stewing lamb, which is very different than what I get. I usually get lamb shoulder. Spousal Unit didn't know that, though, so he asked the butcher for stewing lamb. What we got was some very tasty meat, but with a lot of bone, grit and fat mixed in. That meant that we paid for a lot of stuff we didn't eat.

The thing with stew, though, is that you can stretch the leftovers.

For example, for lunch today I had the sauce and veg part of the stew on polenta.

Then for dinner, we had fried polenta with leftover lamb meat -- kinda like a lamb-and-polenta hash.

Lamb Stew: Hashed
Lamb Stew: The Microwave Dish

For dessert we had homemade chocolate chunk cookies. They were supposed to be chocolate chip cookies, but I didn't have enough chips, so I took a Lindt 70% chocolate bar, smashed it up, and used the shards in lieu of chips. I guess that means that they were chocolate shard cookies. 
A shard of a chocolate shard cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment