Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Grainy Day: Rice Crackers and Wheat Soup

The office was closed between Xmas and New Year, so it it's only been open since Tuesday.  When I returned to the office today (Thursday), I didn't expect much from the snack closet. I figured it hadn't even been stocked, especially since half the engineers were still on vacation.  But no, the snack closet was stocked -- with the bizarrest food ever!  

There were weird ranch-flavoured baguette bites, the stupid sesame-poppy-seed crackers, Costco brand granola bars, two-bite cinnamon rolls (!) and Japanese-style rice crackers.  Oh, and in the fridge there was some kind of onion dip that Linda, The Office Manager and God of the Snack Closet, said was the bestest thing ever.  I'm sure it tasted great, but it included such tasty ingredients as monosodium glutamate, so I stayed away from it even as she scooped some into Jim from QA's plate.   

Instead I ate the rice crackers and sesame-poppy-seed crackers.  What's left here are the nori-covered crackers that I hate.  Nori tastes like dead fish.

For lunch I had leftover wheat and lentil soup.  It was from a package.  I thought I was buying red lentil and barley soup.  Instead it was wheat.  Whatever.  It was edible.  
Not Barley Red Lentil Soup



No comments:

Post a Comment