Thursday, November 10, 2011

Food Amongst The Ruins of Good Taste

Today was a bad day for food and conversation at the office.

The snack cupboard was starting to go bare, which meant that the denizens of the office were starting to get grumpy.  I ate the before-last cheese string.  Whomever had the last cheese string neglected to take the empty box out of the fridge, making everyone expect cheese when there was none.



The next thing to go were the chocolate chip cookies.  This huge box of Chunks Ahoy! was opened yesterday.  By 2pm today, there were 2 cookies left.  I took one and left the other on the communal table. Being the nice person I am, I "recycled" the box.  Of course, the "recycling" bin goes into the trash, but I pretend it doesn't to appease my conscience.

In between the cheese string and the cookie courses, there was lunch.  My lunch today consisted of stir-fried leftover rotisserie chicken with rice and carrots with Peri-Peri dipping sauce.  The Peri-Peri did an adequate job at masking the taste of the stir-fry.  For "dessert", I had extra-fat blueberry yogurt.

My lunch purse is hiding the coworker who was sitting across from me and who didn't want his face on the internet.  Presumably he is a fugitive from justice. Or he didn't want to be associated with today's lunchtime discussion about horse husbandry.  Either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment