Sunday, November 6, 2011

Is that a fish stick I see before me?

Today's lunch was brought to you by sitting at home alone, somewhat sick.  Because of this, I didn't put much effort into lunch.  Instead I just warmed up a Jane's something-something frozen pollock fish fillet thingy.  It was OK. I prefer the beer battered fish that tastes mostly of oil and fat and sad desperation.  This one just kinda tasted of fish, breaded.

I washed the whole thing down with some coffee, natch, and some chocolate.  Now, a note about coffee: I usually buy Kimbo espresso coffee in the black packaging (Napoletano?  Who the fuck knows), but it's been kinda scarce lately, so I've had to buy other coffees.  The before-last time I bought coffee, I bought Illy coffee that costs $14-$16 a container, about $10 more than the Kimbo.  
Now, many people have said to me, "Snaddy, Illy coffee tastes no better than regular $5 coffee.  You just think it tastes better because you paid more for it."  To those people I say "Pffffffffffft!" Especially after I essentially did a blind taste test with Kimbo Gold Medal coffee.  
As the Black Kimbo was still unavailable the last time I went grocery shopping, I bought Kimbo Gold Medal coffee ($6).    That evening, I asked my Spousal Unit to make me an espresso.  I figured he was making it with the Illy since there was still some left.   When I went to taste the coffee, I was amazed at how bitter and tasteless it was.  So I says to the Spousal Unit, I says, "Dude, did you make the coffee with grey water or something?"  And he's all, "Dude, no.  I made it with the new coffee."  And there you have it:  there is a difference between Illy coffee and Kimbo Gold Medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment