Friday, November 11, 2011

Irene and I Have Tea

Irene and I don't live anywhere close to each other, so we didn't have tea together.  But we're both sick today and we both had tea today.

Irene always has a vast selection of tea, both herbal and otherwise.  When I think about her place, I always smell tea brewing.  I, on the other hand, only brew tea when I'm sick.  So if you show up at my place and smell tea brewing, it's cuz I'm sick and maybe you should leave and come back another day.


I had my usual Peppermint Amour tea from David's Tea.  I have other herbal teas, but after two decades of trying to convince myself that rosehip, linden and star anise are flavours I like in my warm water, I've given up.  I don't really like herbal tea.  I bought these two fancy teas from David's -- Vata Ayurvedic and Immunizer -- that smelled beautiful in their tins, but when I brewed them I felt like I was drinking pot pourri.  Like, seriously, I felt like I was sipping the essence of a La Cache store.  (Are there still La Cache stores?) 

The only herbal tea I like is mint tea.  That's it.

I brew my tea in a Bodum.  Yeah.  Leave me alone.  At least my mug is cute, though some would say that it's culturally insensitive.



Meanwhile, back at Irene's, she was having a lovely breakfast of Ovaltine sprinkled on bananas.  I thought that sounded kinda revolting, but she assured me that it's the tastiest thing evah and that she's been having this for breakfast since she was a little girl.   I know she's a good cook and all, but I still wouldn't try it.   

I think she also drank some Ovaltine with it.  But that looks like a cold drink and Ovaltine's usually hot.  Maybe you can make Ovaltine cold?  I don't know.  I don't like Ovaltine. 

Apparently I don't like a lot of things.






Then she had her tea.  It's apparently called "Éveil des fleurs" and it's a Chinese Green Tea.  Not only are her dishes, tablecloths and teapots cuter than mine, but her tea even has a cuter name!  Anyways, this tea is apparently a mix of green, white, rose and flower tea.  So there.

The one thing we had in common is that we both used our tea to wash down some Tylenol.

And there you have it:  A tale of two teas. 





No comments:

Post a Comment