Friday, November 18, 2011

Food: Real and Faux, But Mostly Faux

This morning I woke up early and made myself a healthy breakfast of pocket eggs (eggs in a basket?) and orange-and-peach juice.  It was tasty.  It was nutritious.  It was healthy.  It filled me up and made me ready for the day.  Alls I really wanted was a nice hot chocolate to go with it, but alas, I forgot that I had Ghirardelli instant hot chocolate in the house.

I also totally forgot to take a picture of the empty plate til I was halfway to work.  *sigh*

That was prettymuch it for real food for the day.  

Because I didn't feel like making myself a tuna sandwich for lunch, I ended up not bringing a lunch.  When noontime came around, I had the choice between eating  the Uncle Ben's microwavable rice'n'sauce I keep in the office for emergencies or going out to eat.  I didn't want to get in my car, so I ended up taking out from the greasy spoon cafeteria in the next office building over. 

As today was Friday, they had their usual fish'n'chips.  I've had their fish'n'chips.  It's white fish in a really thick, greasy batter.  The whole thing is fried to death so that the fish is a tough, tasteless wafer.   However, today they also had quesadillas on the menu.  All the guys in the office keep going on about the quesadillas, so I decided to order 'em.  They were...OK?  It was basically chicken, red peppers, onions and cheese between two tortillas.  It was edible.  They gave me two squares of banana bread free (they were in that little baggy at the back).  For a beverage, I chose an A&W Root Beer from the drink fridge in the office.  I figured if I was going to have something revolting for lunch, I might as well also have some high fructose corn syrup to go with it.
 
After lunch, a couple of coworkers and I went to Starbucks.  I should have had the hot chocolate, but I had an espresso.  And I ordered a rice krispy square to go with it.  The rice krispy square was incredibly sweet, so I couldn't finish it.  I finished it at the office with the help of some water (blue cup) and leftover instant Starbucks VIA Xmas Bleuch coffee from the morning (chartreuse mug).  You can see my espresso cup (unwashed from yesterday) in the background,  feeling rejected.

No comments:

Post a Comment